Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • I was the last lap swimmer out of the pool on Wednesday the 9th. A friend sent me the link about the closure the next day. I was suppose to do my One Hour Postal Swim at the Belmont Pool on this past Saturday. I moved my Postal Swim to the pool in Seal Beach instead. I will be keeping an eye on developments on this pool. I live six blocks away and its one of my two primary pools in which I swim. the second pool is at Cal State Long Beach. If the pool is not open for the December SCM Meet, it would give a chance for other pools in the area to shine. - Cerritos Olympic Swim & Fitness Center (Indoor) - Los Angeles Swim Stadium (Outdoor) - Woollett Aquatic Center (Irvine) (Outdoor) - Marian Bergstrom Aquatic Complex (Newport Beach) (Outdoor) - The Benstead Plunge (Torrance) (Outdoor) - City of Commerce Aquatorium (Brenda Villa Aquatic Center) (Indoor) There are plenty of options, and plenty of time to plan, or I should say plenty of time to make contigency plans. Looking forward to this in the next few years: www.presstelegram.com/.../san-pedros-gaffey-street-pool-will-open-again Swim with Mike: www.swimwithmike.org/.../
  • I was the last lap swimmer out of the pool on Wednesday the 9th. A friend sent me the link about the closure the next day. I was suppose to do my One Hour Postal Swim at the Belmont Pool on this past Saturday. I moved my Postal Swim to the pool in Seal Beach instead. I will be keeping an eye on developments on this pool. I live six blocks away and its one of my two primary pools in which I swim. the second pool is at Cal State Long Beach. If the pool is not open for the December SCM Meet, it would give a chance for other pools in the area to shine. - Cerritos Olympic Swim & Fitness Center (Indoor) - Los Angeles Swim Stadium (Outdoor) - Woollett Aquatic Center (Irvine) (Outdoor) - Marian Bergstrom Aquatic Complex (Newport Beach) (Outdoor) - The Benstead Plunge (Torrance) (Outdoor) - City of Commerce Aquatorium (Brenda Villa Aquatic Center) (Indoor) There are plenty of options, and plenty of time to plan, or I should say plenty of time to make contigency plans. Looking forward to this in the next few years: www.presstelegram.com/.../san-pedros-gaffey-street-pool-will-open-again Swim with Mike: www.swimwithmike.org/.../
Children
No Data