Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • I'm certainly hoping they fix it(and decide to come up with a way to to heat the building in the winter,at least the first weekend in Dec.)Me, too. I think 2013 was going to be the first year I could finally make it out for the iconic Grunions SCM meet. I'll be bummed if I can't. The only time I got to Long Beach to swim there, it was also closed and I had to settle for the outdoor pool like Elaine. Just not the same thing: forums.usms.org/attachment.php
  • I'm certainly hoping they fix it(and decide to come up with a way to to heat the building in the winter,at least the first weekend in Dec.)Me, too. I think 2013 was going to be the first year I could finally make it out for the iconic Grunions SCM meet. I'll be bummed if I can't. The only time I got to Long Beach to swim there, it was also closed and I had to settle for the outdoor pool like Elaine. Just not the same thing: forums.usms.org/attachment.php
Children
No Data