Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Oh no.That is a great and historic pool.ARRRRRRG I grew up in Long Beach and swam at Belmont Olympic Pool for Moore League Finals, in high school. I have wonderful memories of that pool- and, some not so wonderful... Wonderful: Swimming a 1:19.6 in 100 breaststroke, my senior year. (Ohhh, those were the days; I can't break 1:30 now as a baby geezer. ) :cane: Not so wonderful: At the same meet, I swam breaststroke on the medley relay and slipped getting out of the water after my leg of the relay. My hands slipped on that flat tiled edge when I pushed myself up and I landed on the bridge of my nose. :censor: I sure hope it will be fixable- and, a quick fix at that! The pool was closed when I went home for my 50th birthday, last year. Forumite "Debaru" and I ended up swimming in the outdoor pool, instead, and meeting Bill Sive; another Forumite! :D
  • Oh no.That is a great and historic pool.ARRRRRRG I grew up in Long Beach and swam at Belmont Olympic Pool for Moore League Finals, in high school. I have wonderful memories of that pool- and, some not so wonderful... Wonderful: Swimming a 1:19.6 in 100 breaststroke, my senior year. (Ohhh, those were the days; I can't break 1:30 now as a baby geezer. ) :cane: Not so wonderful: At the same meet, I swam breaststroke on the medley relay and slipped getting out of the water after my leg of the relay. My hands slipped on that flat tiled edge when I pushed myself up and I landed on the bridge of my nose. :censor: I sure hope it will be fixable- and, a quick fix at that! The pool was closed when I went home for my 50th birthday, last year. Forumite "Debaru" and I ended up swimming in the outdoor pool, instead, and meeting Bill Sive; another Forumite! :D
Children
No Data