One hour postal swim

Ok, who is doing the one hour postal swim this year? Goals, strategies? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
Parents
  • I went to Boise, ID this weekend to do the 1 hour swim. I had a good swim, going 4035 yards even though I did not rest at all prior to doing this. In addition to training hard all last week, I swam a 3300 yard workout on Saturday and then drove to Boise (a 4 hour drive from Elko), went cross country skiing and then out on the town for drinks and dancing with my coach. Woke up Sunday morning thinking I really didn't want to do it, but picked up my coach and went to the YMCA, jumped in and went for it. My best distance for this is 4050 yards when I swam it 2 years ago, so I was quite pleased with this year's effort. This is the 7th time I've done it since I began swimming in 2000, and I've been over 4000 yards all except twice when I was just under that mark.
  • I went to Boise, ID this weekend to do the 1 hour swim. I had a good swim, going 4035 yards even though I did not rest at all prior to doing this. In addition to training hard all last week, I swam a 3300 yard workout on Saturday and then drove to Boise (a 4 hour drive from Elko), went cross country skiing and then out on the town for drinks and dancing with my coach. Woke up Sunday morning thinking I really didn't want to do it, but picked up my coach and went to the YMCA, jumped in and went for it. My best distance for this is 4050 yards when I swam it 2 years ago, so I was quite pleased with this year's effort. This is the 7th time I've done it since I began swimming in 2000, and I've been over 4000 yards all except twice when I was just under that mark.
Children
No Data