One hour postal swim

Ok, who is doing the one hour postal swim this year? Goals, strategies? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
Parents
  • Fantastic job! I suggest that next year you consider doing it as a series of 400 or 200 or even 100 IMs to see if more regularly rotating your crops of pain will lead to a more bounteous harvest of IM yards! I think the 400 approach would probably be optimum, or maybe the 200. You'd get dizzy doing 45 x 100 IMs (give or take) on 1:20, too much abrupt change in orientation for your semi circular canals to get used to. Thanks Jim! I haven't given too much thought to next year's one hour swim yet. I've completed 30 x 100 IM on 1:25 three times (note: that set is known as THE QBRAIN MEMORIAL) and though in my most recent effort I did 1:20's for most of the repeats, I suppose in a continuous swim it would work. Then I wouldn't have the "one or two seconds of so-called rest is worse than just doing a flip turn" problem.
  • Fantastic job! I suggest that next year you consider doing it as a series of 400 or 200 or even 100 IMs to see if more regularly rotating your crops of pain will lead to a more bounteous harvest of IM yards! I think the 400 approach would probably be optimum, or maybe the 200. You'd get dizzy doing 45 x 100 IMs (give or take) on 1:20, too much abrupt change in orientation for your semi circular canals to get used to. Thanks Jim! I haven't given too much thought to next year's one hour swim yet. I've completed 30 x 100 IM on 1:25 three times (note: that set is known as THE QBRAIN MEMORIAL) and though in my most recent effort I did 1:20's for most of the repeats, I suppose in a continuous swim it would work. Then I wouldn't have the "one or two seconds of so-called rest is worse than just doing a flip turn" problem.
Children
No Data