Cross Training Poll for USMS Magazine

Calling all USMS members. Your response to this post will be used to create an article in Swimmer magazine about cross training. What types of training do you most commonly do outside of the pool? How often? What cross training works the best, and what types are the least helpful for swimming? :bliss:
Parents
  • Very interesting thread on alternative exercise. I'm considering yoga because when I took a class this weekend, my Achilles and the back of my legs were really stiff all the way up from my calves to my hamstrings. I'm also taking a class that builds you up to a 5k, though I probably will not do it running, more like fast walking. Thanks, Swimosaur. This is a great thread with lots of information. Especially about the many benefits of drinking beer.
  • Very interesting thread on alternative exercise. I'm considering yoga because when I took a class this weekend, my Achilles and the back of my legs were really stiff all the way up from my calves to my hamstrings. I'm also taking a class that builds you up to a 5k, though I probably will not do it running, more like fast walking. Thanks, Swimosaur. This is a great thread with lots of information. Especially about the many benefits of drinking beer.
Children
No Data