USA Swimming Grand Prix Series

2012-13 USA SWIMMING GRAND PRIX SERIES: Minneapolis Grand Prix Nov. 9-11 Minneapolis, MN Austin Grand Prix Jan. 18-20, 2013 Austin, TX Orlando Grand Prix Feb. 14-16, 2013 Orlando, FL Mesa Grand Prix April 11-13, 2013 Mesa, AZ Charlotte Ultraswim Grand Prix May 9-12, 2013 Charlotte, NC Santa Clara Grand Prix May 30-June 2, 2013 Santa Clara, CA
Parents
  • Makes you wonder if they will loosen the time standards any for the rest of the series? We are looking forward to the Mesa installment here in Arizona, but I, for one, am hoping for a bigger turn out. Did USA swimming go too fast in the standards or is the meet timing just not right this year? I think it's a time of year kind of thing and the fact that it's not an Olympic Year. The B standards are around JR National Level. For comparison here's the 2012 AGP Psych Sheet 2012 100 FR womens had 222 entries & men 137 vs 22 & 26 this year, what the heck? “B” Standards (entries open one week after “A” Standards open) Swimmers may qualify for the distance freestyle events with any of the 1650y, 1500m, 1000y, or 800m qualifying standards. If the entry cap has not been reached, swimmers who are members of USA Swimming with one or more “B” qualifying standards may enter on a first-come basis beginning one week after the “A” standards open, and may enter any number of events in which they have a “B” qualifying standard. If the entry cap has not been reached, entries for foreign swimmers who are not members of USA Swimming and who have either “A” or “B” qualifying standards will be accepted on a first-come basis beginning 24 hours after the “B” standards open.
  • Makes you wonder if they will loosen the time standards any for the rest of the series? We are looking forward to the Mesa installment here in Arizona, but I, for one, am hoping for a bigger turn out. Did USA swimming go too fast in the standards or is the meet timing just not right this year? I think it's a time of year kind of thing and the fact that it's not an Olympic Year. The B standards are around JR National Level. For comparison here's the 2012 AGP Psych Sheet 2012 100 FR womens had 222 entries & men 137 vs 22 & 26 this year, what the heck? “B” Standards (entries open one week after “A” Standards open) Swimmers may qualify for the distance freestyle events with any of the 1650y, 1500m, 1000y, or 800m qualifying standards. If the entry cap has not been reached, swimmers who are members of USA Swimming with one or more “B” qualifying standards may enter on a first-come basis beginning one week after the “A” standards open, and may enter any number of events in which they have a “B” qualifying standard. If the entry cap has not been reached, entries for foreign swimmers who are not members of USA Swimming and who have either “A” or “B” qualifying standards will be accepted on a first-come basis beginning 24 hours after the “B” standards open.
Children
No Data