Lifeguard certification question

I have been trying to find a viable lifeguarding certification class for almost 2 years now. I live in a small town in Western Massachusetts and the classes I have managed to find are either typically cancelled because of under-enrollment, or, geared toward high school student so meet at times like 3-5 every day for 8 weeks. That doesn't work for me as a woman with a job and a kid. I've tried to hire someone for a private certification course, to no avail, and am really at the end of my rope! So, I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of this place: New England Lifeguard Certification www.nelifeguardcertificationcourses.com/NE_Lifeguard.html I'm not looking to work at a beach or pool, just want to this for peace of mind since my husband and I have a 25-yard lap pool in our backyard. My coach says that obvious, the swimming part will be no problem and this place would allow me to study online, then go to a testing site when ready. Any knowledge about this place or feedback is much appreciated! Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Originally Posted by Bill Sive I got my Pool Lifeguard Certification with the joint program at the American Red Cross. The instructors informed me that the courses get updated periodically and that manuals and tutorials with pro essays may be copied at the lifeguard materials section. You may also try private courses in your local area, but you need to be make sure they have positive reviews. Quote collapsed >>> Hi Bill, I'm thinking about recertification and/or continuing education. Is it better to choose American Red Cross Lifeguard Pool recertification courses or a Private Certification agency? Are they offering a digital certificate afterwards?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Originally Posted by Bill Sive I got my Pool Lifeguard Certification with the joint program at the American Red Cross. The instructors informed me that the courses get updated periodically and that manuals and tutorials with pro essays may be copied at the lifeguard materials section. You may also try private courses in your local area, but you need to be make sure they have positive reviews. Quote collapsed >>> Hi Bill, I'm thinking about recertification and/or continuing education. Is it better to choose American Red Cross Lifeguard Pool recertification courses or a Private Certification agency? Are they offering a digital certificate afterwards?
Children
No Data