Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • I have good news to report so far. Summer practices started on Monday. They are 2 hours in LC. I have been taking precautions like NSAIDs and making sure I keep hydrated. On the way home I eat a banana as well. So far, no migraines after 2 very intense practices. I hope this keeps up and thank you all for the advice/help. That's awesome. How are things going now? FYI, not sure if you already mentioned this or if anyone else did already, but I came across an article that talked about the importance of gradual warm ups in folks who are sensitive to exertional headaches. Just something to keep in mind that might also help-
  • I have good news to report so far. Summer practices started on Monday. They are 2 hours in LC. I have been taking precautions like NSAIDs and making sure I keep hydrated. On the way home I eat a banana as well. So far, no migraines after 2 very intense practices. I hope this keeps up and thank you all for the advice/help. That's awesome. How are things going now? FYI, not sure if you already mentioned this or if anyone else did already, but I came across an article that talked about the importance of gradual warm ups in folks who are sensitive to exertional headaches. Just something to keep in mind that might also help-
Children
No Data