Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • Have any of you with classic migraine symptoms--aura which lasts for a while, then disappears, issuing into the pain phase (usually on one side of the head), which eventually gives way to the nausea and vomiting phase--noticed another odd symptom: a change in the scent of your sweat? My mother pointed out she could often tell when I was going to have a migraine because I started to smell a little different. I am terrible at describing smells, but it's a noticeable change--more pungent in the arm pits, but not like the stench you get from using the same gym shirt for a couple weeks without washing it. It's a unique smell, almost a tad skunky. Anyhow, just wondering if that is something any of you have experienced. For any of you interested in another migraineur's experience, I wrote a vlog about my last attack (they've become mercifully rare in my dotage, perhaps due to hardening of the arteries according to one headache doctor I interviewed a few years back.) You can check it out here: forums.usms.org/blog.php
  • Have any of you with classic migraine symptoms--aura which lasts for a while, then disappears, issuing into the pain phase (usually on one side of the head), which eventually gives way to the nausea and vomiting phase--noticed another odd symptom: a change in the scent of your sweat? My mother pointed out she could often tell when I was going to have a migraine because I started to smell a little different. I am terrible at describing smells, but it's a noticeable change--more pungent in the arm pits, but not like the stench you get from using the same gym shirt for a couple weeks without washing it. It's a unique smell, almost a tad skunky. Anyhow, just wondering if that is something any of you have experienced. For any of you interested in another migraineur's experience, I wrote a vlog about my last attack (they've become mercifully rare in my dotage, perhaps due to hardening of the arteries according to one headache doctor I interviewed a few years back.) You can check it out here: forums.usms.org/blog.php
Children
No Data