Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • Seriously folks, these meds address the symptoms. Check out the root cause. ??... I'm guessing you didn't read the thread because that's where it started.... headache logs, etc... but if you did, I didn't realize we had to limit the discussion :) If it were only so easy... but truth is that root causes cannot always be discovered, and even if some triggers or causes are identified, they can't always be avoided. Glad you were able to find your solution and that it was so easily treated. lining the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies... heh, heh... Thanks for the chuckle - are genetics labs are that much different? :)
  • Seriously folks, these meds address the symptoms. Check out the root cause. ??... I'm guessing you didn't read the thread because that's where it started.... headache logs, etc... but if you did, I didn't realize we had to limit the discussion :) If it were only so easy... but truth is that root causes cannot always be discovered, and even if some triggers or causes are identified, they can't always be avoided. Glad you were able to find your solution and that it was so easily treated. lining the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies... heh, heh... Thanks for the chuckle - are genetics labs are that much different? :)
Children
No Data