Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Seriously folks, these meds address the symptoms. Check out the root cause. I have no more issues with headaches once I got my genes tested and addressed the issue with supplementation. With this new frontier you owe it to yourself to get your genes tested and to go get a good analysis of them. Headaches were an early sign for me of a bigger issue. My body was telling me that there was something off. I was foggy, out of it for the most part, and just started forgetting things that I should not have at my age. It was so depressing that by chance I got my genes tested due to the recommendation of a nutritionist and now I'm feeling incredible. You can get your genes tested through www.23andme.com. It's cheap and easy. Lot's of good info. But to go further you need a professional set of eyes who can look for SNPs and markers that are related to headaches. This can be fixed without lining the pockets of the drug companies. Just my .02 and I mean no offense to anyone who loves drugs.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Seriously folks, these meds address the symptoms. Check out the root cause. I have no more issues with headaches once I got my genes tested and addressed the issue with supplementation. With this new frontier you owe it to yourself to get your genes tested and to go get a good analysis of them. Headaches were an early sign for me of a bigger issue. My body was telling me that there was something off. I was foggy, out of it for the most part, and just started forgetting things that I should not have at my age. It was so depressing that by chance I got my genes tested due to the recommendation of a nutritionist and now I'm feeling incredible. You can get your genes tested through www.23andme.com. It's cheap and easy. Lot's of good info. But to go further you need a professional set of eyes who can look for SNPs and markers that are related to headaches. This can be fixed without lining the pockets of the drug companies. Just my .02 and I mean no offense to anyone who loves drugs.
Children
No Data