Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • Now I understand. Thanks. I've had Imitrex (knocked me out too much and roo painful) and Relpax (worked so-so). I have never heard of Axert. What is it? Hi there - Axert is in the same class of meds as Imitrex and Relpax. I personally like it a lot better than Imitrex which also knocked me out too much. I find Axert much less sedating and it worked better than Relpax for me. When my migraines were much more frequent, I was on Topamax for a while. Worked well at first but the side effects were too much (typical - foggy brain, hand tingling... the weight loss was nice :)... but mostly the difficulty word finding was the biggest problem) Anyway, how did your practice go this morning?
  • Now I understand. Thanks. I've had Imitrex (knocked me out too much and roo painful) and Relpax (worked so-so). I have never heard of Axert. What is it? Hi there - Axert is in the same class of meds as Imitrex and Relpax. I personally like it a lot better than Imitrex which also knocked me out too much. I find Axert much less sedating and it worked better than Relpax for me. When my migraines were much more frequent, I was on Topamax for a while. Worked well at first but the side effects were too much (typical - foggy brain, hand tingling... the weight loss was nice :)... but mostly the difficulty word finding was the biggest problem) Anyway, how did your practice go this morning?
Children
No Data