Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • The headache wouldn't be bad, it's the aura, confusion, tingling in fingertips, lips, etc that I dread. It is like having a stroke. . Interesting - almost sounds like a hemiplegic migraine. I get them too, but more classic - typical prodromal fuzzy headedness, visual aura (fortification), light sensitivity, nausea, and then the pain.... I was getting them more frequently before I started swimming regularly, but occasionally a workout will trigger them. :( I just use abortives since I don't get them enough to warrant prophylactic meds. But they can still take me out for a couple of days. The best feeling is when one finally breaks. Ahhhhhh... Bottom line, migraines suck. I agree with whoever suggested keeping a migraine diary. There are so many possible triggers that keeping a log might be a good way of identifying a few likely culprits, and once those are identified, a good way to see which are the best to avoid (by themselves or in combination) -
  • The headache wouldn't be bad, it's the aura, confusion, tingling in fingertips, lips, etc that I dread. It is like having a stroke. . Interesting - almost sounds like a hemiplegic migraine. I get them too, but more classic - typical prodromal fuzzy headedness, visual aura (fortification), light sensitivity, nausea, and then the pain.... I was getting them more frequently before I started swimming regularly, but occasionally a workout will trigger them. :( I just use abortives since I don't get them enough to warrant prophylactic meds. But they can still take me out for a couple of days. The best feeling is when one finally breaks. Ahhhhhh... Bottom line, migraines suck. I agree with whoever suggested keeping a migraine diary. There are so many possible triggers that keeping a log might be a good way of identifying a few likely culprits, and once those are identified, a good way to see which are the best to avoid (by themselves or in combination) -
Children
No Data