Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I did have an MRI after my last one. The neurologist said it is migraines, and that they are not happening frequently enough to warrant meds. He did give me something to take during, in the event it happens again. Bright sunlight reflecting off anything can cause temporary blind spots, and I too think like you, "here we go again." I just tell myself, give it a few minutes to settle before panicking. Off to the pool for me...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I did have an MRI after my last one. The neurologist said it is migraines, and that they are not happening frequently enough to warrant meds. He did give me something to take during, in the event it happens again. Bright sunlight reflecting off anything can cause temporary blind spots, and I too think like you, "here we go again." I just tell myself, give it a few minutes to settle before panicking. Off to the pool for me...
Children
No Data