Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • I would also suggest making sure that on Fridays you should hydrate well too. Don't just think about Saturday morning during practice to get your fluids in! I have a problem with getting hot too, in places where that was a problem I would always be taking my cap off in between sets and during kick sets if possible. Easy to do if you have short hair. Thanks Katie. Good point about Fridays and hydration. I often get headaches after meets. I know it's not a hydration issue because I drink constantly at meets (a mixture of sports drinks and water). Strangely I rarely if ever get headaches after practices, but I do drink throughout workouts. For me, a headache trigger is noise. That's why I get them at meets. Is that the same for you?
  • I would also suggest making sure that on Fridays you should hydrate well too. Don't just think about Saturday morning during practice to get your fluids in! I have a problem with getting hot too, in places where that was a problem I would always be taking my cap off in between sets and during kick sets if possible. Easy to do if you have short hair. Thanks Katie. Good point about Fridays and hydration. I often get headaches after meets. I know it's not a hydration issue because I drink constantly at meets (a mixture of sports drinks and water). Strangely I rarely if ever get headaches after practices, but I do drink throughout workouts. For me, a headache trigger is noise. That's why I get them at meets. Is that the same for you?
Children
No Data