Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I'm prone to migraines when I run more than about 4 miles in the summer heat & humidity. Your hydration issues may very, but I find it's important to rehydrate with more than just water. Gatorade helped a little; Vitamin Water was slightly better; the stupidly expensive unsweetened coconut water seems best at keeping my electrolyte levels from going kablooey and I've had a lot fewer headache issues since I started using some of that as a recovery drink.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I'm prone to migraines when I run more than about 4 miles in the summer heat & humidity. Your hydration issues may very, but I find it's important to rehydrate with more than just water. Gatorade helped a little; Vitamin Water was slightly better; the stupidly expensive unsweetened coconut water seems best at keeping my electrolyte levels from going kablooey and I've had a lot fewer headache issues since I started using some of that as a recovery drink.
Children
No Data