Best Swimming Places to retire

Ok, this might be a strange question but here goes. Considering weather, cost of living, outdoor activities and masters swimming, any suggestions on the best places to retire in the Western US?
Parents
  • I'll give them Texas, but they lost all credibility with this reader when they put both Oklahoma and South Dakota on this list. Have you ever heard anyone say,"Man! I can't wait to retire ... but I'm struggling between which retirement mecca to choose: Wounded Knee or Norman?" I agree, Patrick. More than one place on the list is in "Tornado Alley", which is definitely not on my list of places to retire. Besides, I don't have to worry about it too much as I'm already living where I will be retiring. :)
  • I'll give them Texas, but they lost all credibility with this reader when they put both Oklahoma and South Dakota on this list. Have you ever heard anyone say,"Man! I can't wait to retire ... but I'm struggling between which retirement mecca to choose: Wounded Knee or Norman?" I agree, Patrick. More than one place on the list is in "Tornado Alley", which is definitely not on my list of places to retire. Besides, I don't have to worry about it too much as I'm already living where I will be retiring. :)
Children
No Data