Best Swimming Places to retire

Ok, this might be a strange question but here goes. Considering weather, cost of living, outdoor activities and masters swimming, any suggestions on the best places to retire in the Western US?
Parents
  • We're going to visit in FebruaryI'd suggest also visting in late June / July so you can feel the heat. I love the heat and it doesn't phase me (I actually find our winters still too cold for me in AZ), but more than a few other people actually seem to think the 115 or so is a tad on the toasty side. I've gone through summers in both Virginia and Texas, though, and AZ is much more tolerable. That "it's a dry heat" does have truth to it.
  • We're going to visit in FebruaryI'd suggest also visting in late June / July so you can feel the heat. I love the heat and it doesn't phase me (I actually find our winters still too cold for me in AZ), but more than a few other people actually seem to think the 115 or so is a tad on the toasty side. I've gone through summers in both Virginia and Texas, though, and AZ is much more tolerable. That "it's a dry heat" does have truth to it.
Children
No Data