Pilates

I've heard so much lately about the benefits of pilates. Does anyone out there do this workout? If so, has it helped your swimming? Where can I find a book with a "basic" program in it?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    I include pilates and stretch into my dryland routine. I think they have really helped my swimming a lot. I began them a couple of years ago when I wanted to do a marathon swim. I definitely had better balance in the rough wavy water. I would recommend going to a class with a qualified teacher to make sure you are performing each exercise correctly. A skilled eye will ensure you are doing this and not harming yourself. Pilates make the dryland part more varied to add to all the other exercises, circuits, etc that we do. Don't forget to stretch each day as well. "To motivate, add water"
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    I include pilates and stretch into my dryland routine. I think they have really helped my swimming a lot. I began them a couple of years ago when I wanted to do a marathon swim. I definitely had better balance in the rough wavy water. I would recommend going to a class with a qualified teacher to make sure you are performing each exercise correctly. A skilled eye will ensure you are doing this and not harming yourself. Pilates make the dryland part more varied to add to all the other exercises, circuits, etc that we do. Don't forget to stretch each day as well. "To motivate, add water"
Children
No Data