Pilates

I've heard so much lately about the benefits of pilates. Does anyone out there do this workout? If so, has it helped your swimming? Where can I find a book with a "basic" program in it?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    I have been doing pilates since about September and I think it has helped me too. I strongly suggest also that you take a small class or one-on-one instruction the first bunch of times you do it. Just going through the motions is very easy, but if you are doing them correctly, they can be very productive (i.e., hard)! We do them one day a week before practice and one day a week after practice. What a difference. It is so much harder on the day a week we do it after practice, I know I am working muscles that I use a lot! I also feel it the next day when I skip a session or two.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    I have been doing pilates since about September and I think it has helped me too. I strongly suggest also that you take a small class or one-on-one instruction the first bunch of times you do it. Just going through the motions is very easy, but if you are doing them correctly, they can be very productive (i.e., hard)! We do them one day a week before practice and one day a week after practice. What a difference. It is so much harder on the day a week we do it after practice, I know I am working muscles that I use a lot! I also feel it the next day when I skip a session or two.
Children
No Data