Pilates

I've heard so much lately about the benefits of pilates. Does anyone out there do this workout? If so, has it helped your swimming? Where can I find a book with a "basic" program in it?
Parents
  • I have done Pilates on and off for about 3 years and I love it. I own most of the Gaiam series and also the ones which use the balancing ball, tri cords and body ring. All are good workouts with different emphasis. If you belong to a warehouse club, they usually sell the dvd's and tapes for good prices. The dvd's are good because they have extra instruction as to the correct movements and positioning. Since Pilates works on the "core" of the abs, chest and shoulders, I would think this would really help your fly and free. Good luck!
  • I have done Pilates on and off for about 3 years and I love it. I own most of the Gaiam series and also the ones which use the balancing ball, tri cords and body ring. All are good workouts with different emphasis. If you belong to a warehouse club, they usually sell the dvd's and tapes for good prices. The dvd's are good because they have extra instruction as to the correct movements and positioning. Since Pilates works on the "core" of the abs, chest and shoulders, I would think this would really help your fly and free. Good luck!
Children
No Data