Pilates

I've heard so much lately about the benefits of pilates. Does anyone out there do this workout? If so, has it helped your swimming? Where can I find a book with a "basic" program in it?
Parents
  • Pilates is a great workout if done correctly. I really suggest that you take a couple group classes or private lessons from a certified instructor before using a video tape. There is a great deal involved with the correct technique for the moves in pilates, that I really found it helpful to have an instructor who can help you achieve the positions and movements. It is difficult to get that from a video tape. I have found that training in pilates has really improved my strength in all four strokes. Many swimmers swim with loose stomachs (cores). Pilates will help you become aware of the many different muscles you have in your core. Good luck Dennis
  • Pilates is a great workout if done correctly. I really suggest that you take a couple group classes or private lessons from a certified instructor before using a video tape. There is a great deal involved with the correct technique for the moves in pilates, that I really found it helpful to have an instructor who can help you achieve the positions and movements. It is difficult to get that from a video tape. I have found that training in pilates has really improved my strength in all four strokes. Many swimmers swim with loose stomachs (cores). Pilates will help you become aware of the many different muscles you have in your core. Good luck Dennis
Children
No Data