What to do until swim meets come back

It looks like there will be no more meets in 2020 and after that is unclear. Pools are opening, but pool time is limited. Right now I am fortunate to be able to swim 3 per week for 45 minutes at a reasonably convenient pool. With limited pool time, and no meets for awhile what is the best use of time? Here are my thoughts and I would be interested in yours. Strength is important, but it can be improved with dry land work. Conditioning is important, but 3 times a week for 45 minutes is likely not enough. Technique is arguably most important and I think I can get sufficient work in that area during my limited pool time. So I am focusing on every drill I know, on DPS, on streamlining, on tempo, and everything else I can think of to improve technique. What do you think and what are you doing?
Parents
  • I've been doing pretty much the same thing. The one thing I dropped was USRPT, because the repetitive stress on my body is tough. Since meets may be a very long time off in the future, speed is pretty far down on my priority list, whereas injury avoidance is priority #1! I listen to my body during warm-up. If I'm feeling any soreness or pain in an area of my body, I avoid making it worse by concentrating on another stroke or drill. If my shoulders are sore, I concentrate on kicking. If my hip flexor is bothering me, but my shoulders feel good, my focus is more on pull drills. Fortunately, I love all four strokes and IM, so I have lots of options! :banana: P.S. How is your area doing now with the fires? Are you back in your home, or is the air quality still too unbearable?
  • I've been doing pretty much the same thing. The one thing I dropped was USRPT, because the repetitive stress on my body is tough. Since meets may be a very long time off in the future, speed is pretty far down on my priority list, whereas injury avoidance is priority #1! I listen to my body during warm-up. If I'm feeling any soreness or pain in an area of my body, I avoid making it worse by concentrating on another stroke or drill. If my shoulders are sore, I concentrate on kicking. If my hip flexor is bothering me, but my shoulders feel good, my focus is more on pull drills. Fortunately, I love all four strokes and IM, so I have lots of options! :banana: P.S. How is your area doing now with the fires? Are you back in your home, or is the air quality still too unbearable?
Children
No Data