Pools closed - any ideas?

Hey everyone! Hope I’m not posting something that has already been asked, but I didn’t see anything in the forum yet, so... With pools closing left and right, does anyone have any clever ideas of how to keep swimming (or how to keep your sanity if that’s not possible)? I thought of getting a wetsuit and swimming laps in my apartment pool, then they closed that...is anyone opting for open water? Trying to get clever, & at the same wondering if I should just suck it up and deal with the break/be grateful to just be healthy! Thoughts?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    My friend and I ordered wetsuits from Swimoutlet and braved our HOA pool Thursday when it was 70 degrees out and cloudy, and today when it was 60 degrees out, cloudy, and the pool was overfilled with rainwater. I was surprised at how easy it was to find and fit into a wetsuit. I also bought the neoprene socks and cap. The wetsuit really keeps you warm, but exposed skin does not escape the cold. I think the key to getting going is telling your mind to ignore the stinging cold of the water until you warm up and get used to it. Ignore your instincts that are telling you to get the heck out of the water. Its not a simple task, but it really does get better, and before you know it, you're enjoying the swim. I swam for 30 min today. Good luck!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    My friend and I ordered wetsuits from Swimoutlet and braved our HOA pool Thursday when it was 70 degrees out and cloudy, and today when it was 60 degrees out, cloudy, and the pool was overfilled with rainwater. I was surprised at how easy it was to find and fit into a wetsuit. I also bought the neoprene socks and cap. The wetsuit really keeps you warm, but exposed skin does not escape the cold. I think the key to getting going is telling your mind to ignore the stinging cold of the water until you warm up and get used to it. Ignore your instincts that are telling you to get the heck out of the water. Its not a simple task, but it really does get better, and before you know it, you're enjoying the swim. I swam for 30 min today. Good luck!
Children
No Data