Protein Powder for recovery?

Hello,

I am a 54 year old long time swimmer.  I have noticed that my recovery from one workout to the next is not anywhere near what it used to be.  I have a pretty good workout and the next one  is pretty flat (lack of energy and slower). I know this comes with age, but I heard that a protein powder recovery mix could potentially help me with recovery and muscle repair.  

Does anyone have any experience with this.  Do these protein recovery drinks make any difference?  Also, any brands or specific mixes you can recommend that have worked well?  

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi - I am a 66 year old (very) long time swimmer. 

You may wish to investigate the following four products to assist with physical recovery. I have been using Bodylogix for the last two+ years. 

1. Bodylogix Natural Isolate. Has all the right stuff except ProHydrolase, but best of breed otherwise. Available on Amazon.
    2. DBA Evolve Whey-26 Advanced. This product and several like it with “Whey-26 Advanced” appear to be private label products from Vita-Labs. This does contain ProHydrolase and is why I mention it. Clean product, too bad it appears to not be available on Amazon currently.
    3. BioTrust Low Carb Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder. Is a protein blend as opposed to a whey isolate, which is OK, but I prefer an isolate for quick absorption. Does contain ProHydrolase, and appears to be a good product I’d recommend.
    4. Transparent Labs 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate. Simple, clean. Not sure of how well it mixes, or taste, but has good user reviews.

• Hi - I am a 66 year old (very) long time swimmer. 

You may wish to investigate the following four products to assist with physical recovery. I have been using Bodylogix for the last two+ years. 

1. Bodylogix Natural Isolate. Has all the right stuff except ProHydrolase, but best of breed otherwise. Available on Amazon.
    2. DBA Evolve Whey-26 Advanced. This product and several like it with “Whey-26 Advanced” appear to be private label products from Vita-Labs. This does contain ProHydrolase and is why I mention it. Clean product, too bad it appears to not be available on Amazon currently.
    3. BioTrust Low Carb Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder. Is a protein blend as opposed to a whey isolate, which is OK, but I prefer an isolate for quick absorption. Does contain ProHydrolase, and appears to be a good product I’d recommend.
    4. Transparent Labs 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate. Simple, clean. Not sure of how well it mixes, or taste, but has good user reviews.

Children
No Data