Biceps Tenodesis

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone familiar with this procedure??? Had it done on you??? It is used to treat biceps tendonitis of the shoulder whereby, in kinda layman's terms, the tendon is cut where it attaches into the labrum and reattached on the humerus thereby eliminating the tendon's span of the shoulder joint and hopefully, the source of its irritation/inflammation... Love to hear from anyone who's had this done; particularly from anyone who enjoyed success with it, but I suppose I should listen to the failures too, but jeeze, I hope those are few...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Why did you guys choose to have the tenodesis procedure done? Did you have chronic inflammation or maybe did the LHB tendon just tore one day? I am still trying to figure out if I could benefit from a tenodesis as well. A full SLAP repair is out of question for me, since I believe there are too many complications with it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Why did you guys choose to have the tenodesis procedure done? Did you have chronic inflammation or maybe did the LHB tendon just tore one day? I am still trying to figure out if I could benefit from a tenodesis as well. A full SLAP repair is out of question for me, since I believe there are too many complications with it.
Children
No Data