Biceps Tenodesis

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone familiar with this procedure??? Had it done on you??? It is used to treat biceps tendonitis of the shoulder whereby, in kinda layman's terms, the tendon is cut where it attaches into the labrum and reattached on the humerus thereby eliminating the tendon's span of the shoulder joint and hopefully, the source of its irritation/inflammation... Love to hear from anyone who's had this done; particularly from anyone who enjoyed success with it, but I suppose I should listen to the failures too, but jeeze, I hope those are few...
Parents
  • I know this is an old thread but I too am going to have a Tenodesis perfromed on the long head tendon of my bicep. Is there any (newer) information or experiences that anyone can share regarding recovery time and issues/effects of post op? Any information is appreciated greatly.
  • I know this is an old thread but I too am going to have a Tenodesis perfromed on the long head tendon of my bicep. Is there any (newer) information or experiences that anyone can share regarding recovery time and issues/effects of post op? Any information is appreciated greatly.
Children
No Data