Biceps Tenodesis

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone familiar with this procedure??? Had it done on you??? It is used to treat biceps tendonitis of the shoulder whereby, in kinda layman's terms, the tendon is cut where it attaches into the labrum and reattached on the humerus thereby eliminating the tendon's span of the shoulder joint and hopefully, the source of its irritation/inflammation... Love to hear from anyone who's had this done; particularly from anyone who enjoyed success with it, but I suppose I should listen to the failures too, but jeeze, I hope those are few...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Rich, Thanks for responding and making the clouds suddenly part, the sun burst forth, the birds start singing and porpoises start jumping....This is exactly what I wanted to hear although the length of the recovery and time outta the water might be tough to endure..Did you mean to say one month with no swimming??? .Oh well, whatever it takes at this point....No matter how much faith I may have in my Doc, its very reassuring to speak with someone who's sampled the product and lived to swim another day... I, too, had the decompression procedure (January, 06) and although the surgeon said he noticed the inflamed biceps tendon then, he elected not to do the tenodesis citing the length of the rehab and my desire to get back in the water...I enjoyed a remarkably quick recovery....too quick in some people's mind and those same people will be thinking I'm getting my just desserts when they hear that because of some lingering symptoms this new surgery is pending... Anyway.... Was your decompression done at the same time as the tenodesis? Was it done arthroscopically??? (just answered that myself..ran into my Doc and he said to reattach he needs a bigger hole) What caused the problem in the first place?? Why did your doc elect not to reattach the left side?? Are you completely pain free now?? Any downside? Thanks for your input and pleased to hear there is a meaningful swimming life on the other side.....
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Rich, Thanks for responding and making the clouds suddenly part, the sun burst forth, the birds start singing and porpoises start jumping....This is exactly what I wanted to hear although the length of the recovery and time outta the water might be tough to endure..Did you mean to say one month with no swimming??? .Oh well, whatever it takes at this point....No matter how much faith I may have in my Doc, its very reassuring to speak with someone who's sampled the product and lived to swim another day... I, too, had the decompression procedure (January, 06) and although the surgeon said he noticed the inflamed biceps tendon then, he elected not to do the tenodesis citing the length of the rehab and my desire to get back in the water...I enjoyed a remarkably quick recovery....too quick in some people's mind and those same people will be thinking I'm getting my just desserts when they hear that because of some lingering symptoms this new surgery is pending... Anyway.... Was your decompression done at the same time as the tenodesis? Was it done arthroscopically??? (just answered that myself..ran into my Doc and he said to reattach he needs a bigger hole) What caused the problem in the first place?? Why did your doc elect not to reattach the left side?? Are you completely pain free now?? Any downside? Thanks for your input and pleased to hear there is a meaningful swimming life on the other side.....
Children
No Data