We need an injury rant master thread!

So at the time I'm typing this, I look down, and the threads on the front page contain: Tennis Elbow and Shoulder Pain Rotator Cuff Surgery Shoulder Impingement Broken Thumb Anyway, so a lot of us are dealing with injuries. As for me? Turn ulnar collateral ligament in my right thumb. Happened on 12/30. Took a week and a half to diagnose, as it didn't seem that bad when it happened. Anyway, surgery a little later, and 4 weeks with a pin in my thumb (sticking out through the skin). Doctor wouldn't let me swim due to risk of infection. 4 weeks. Grumble, that's 6 weeks total. Pin out yesterday. Still no swimming for another 4 weeks! Arg. It is bad enough I struggle to button my jeans (button fly). But now I can't swim for another month? I'm looking at almost 2.5 months. I'm never gonna get my pre-COVID form back!
Parents
  • Actually, I'm just here because someone said rant and I'm kind of a professional.:D I'm sure I'll hear in hushed tones as I waddle by: "seems like he was thinner and much faster pre-covid."Fortunately, my shoulders are fine ... because they apparently aren't impacted by the ever-growing size of my belly! No injuries (knock wood) so far, just blubberizing as I approach two months out of the water as part of our second lockdown here in Ontario, Canada.
  • Actually, I'm just here because someone said rant and I'm kind of a professional.:D I'm sure I'll hear in hushed tones as I waddle by: "seems like he was thinner and much faster pre-covid."Fortunately, my shoulders are fine ... because they apparently aren't impacted by the ever-growing size of my belly! No injuries (knock wood) so far, just blubberizing as I approach two months out of the water as part of our second lockdown here in Ontario, Canada.
Children
No Data