Tarsal Tunnel

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with Tarsal Tunnel or Peripheral Neuropathy in your feet that was attributable to swimming. I have been swimming for 10 years and my symptoms began about 5 years ago. I don't know that swimming is a factor, however any information that would help me narrow the cause down prior to surgery would be helpful. Thanks, Doug
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    I have neuropathy and I attribute it to jumping rope for the last decade and a half(tarsal tunnel). The problem is I am also diabetic and providers (neurology, vascular, podiatry et al ) attribute it to diabetes. Unfortunately there is no way to distinguish. I started swimming last year and could not even touch my feet on the wall, kept going and now I can even push off with some oomph. Still have the pain but that's life. sure glad to hear about SASTM (sound assisted soft tissue mobilization) or Graston technique. Has anyone had it done? and with what success?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    I have neuropathy and I attribute it to jumping rope for the last decade and a half(tarsal tunnel). The problem is I am also diabetic and providers (neurology, vascular, podiatry et al ) attribute it to diabetes. Unfortunately there is no way to distinguish. I started swimming last year and could not even touch my feet on the wall, kept going and now I can even push off with some oomph. Still have the pain but that's life. sure glad to hear about SASTM (sound assisted soft tissue mobilization) or Graston technique. Has anyone had it done? and with what success?
Children
No Data