Is there such a swim-related tinnitus?

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone else developed a problem with tinnitus since becoming a serious swimmer? I had my hearing checked and found I have very good hearing. Hoping I don't have to quit swimming to improve the condition.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Hi Joy, I've had tinnitus for the last 40 years. I've grown used to it. I have hearing loss and some vertigo issues. Allergies seem to cause it to increase, swimming, playing my piano. In the overall scheme of athletic injuries, this is tolerable for me. I've seen dozens of ENT's with no relief. They seem to agree on NOT using ear plugs, b/c if they are not custom fitted ear plugs, water can get trapped in the ear, causing more problems.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Hi Joy, I've had tinnitus for the last 40 years. I've grown used to it. I have hearing loss and some vertigo issues. Allergies seem to cause it to increase, swimming, playing my piano. In the overall scheme of athletic injuries, this is tolerable for me. I've seen dozens of ENT's with no relief. They seem to agree on NOT using ear plugs, b/c if they are not custom fitted ear plugs, water can get trapped in the ear, causing more problems.
Children
No Data