Recovery from car accident

Hi fellow swimmies: I was in a bad car crash on 7-11-2019. Went to the hospital E-R got lots of meds and I am now seeing a chiropractor. Nothing broken other then I was shaken up like a rag doll and have lots of neck/head and back issues. If there is anyone out there that has gone through a similar experience and has advise on how to get motivated again and weigh what the doctors say vs maybe pushing a bit help is needed. I was told 4 weeks no swimming, no weight lifting nothing. While I do not recovery is tricky (no two people are alike), if there is a post or way that I should gauge things, by all means I am all ears. Kind Regards swimmies.
Parents
  • Marsh - If you're still on meds, that's probably why they want you to wait. How much longer do the meds last? (Medications can mess you up in the water.) I am still on meds. I have seen 4 doctors (ER doc - diagnosed with sprained neck, back) , My GP doc gave me script for physical therapy which I am going through now, and an Neurologist, and a walk in clinic doc that changed my meds (I was getting sick from all the hydrocodon (yuck that is bad stuff). After almost 4 weeks, I am going to pool to walk, with some light kicking for 20 min max. No weight room. More therapy to continue.
  • Marsh - If you're still on meds, that's probably why they want you to wait. How much longer do the meds last? (Medications can mess you up in the water.) I am still on meds. I have seen 4 doctors (ER doc - diagnosed with sprained neck, back) , My GP doc gave me script for physical therapy which I am going through now, and an Neurologist, and a walk in clinic doc that changed my meds (I was getting sick from all the hydrocodon (yuck that is bad stuff). After almost 4 weeks, I am going to pool to walk, with some light kicking for 20 min max. No weight room. More therapy to continue.
Children
No Data