Recovery from car accident

Hi fellow swimmies: I was in a bad car crash on 7-11-2019. Went to the hospital E-R got lots of meds and I am now seeing a chiropractor. Nothing broken other then I was shaken up like a rag doll and have lots of neck/head and back issues. If there is anyone out there that has gone through a similar experience and has advise on how to get motivated again and weigh what the doctors say vs maybe pushing a bit help is needed. I was told 4 weeks no swimming, no weight lifting nothing. While I do not recovery is tricky (no two people are alike), if there is a post or way that I should gauge things, by all means I am all ears. Kind Regards swimmies.
  • Don’t push. It’s only 4 weeks. If you feel better at 2 weeks you can make a follow up and ask the doctor. Hope you heal quickly
  • I was told 4 weeks no swimming, no weight lifting nothing. I'm glad that you weren't injured more seriously. But I'm just kind of curious who told you that...the chiro, an M.D.? And exactly why no exercise? Dan
  • Hi ForceDJ: I will have to ask why. I am still loopy from all the pain meds. I am just kinda going with the flow right now. I was told by chiropractor. Thanks e
  • I __steve___: Ok. I know I don't heal as fast as I use to. I was told for now ICE, ICE, ICE, and more ICE. It's hard doing nothing, but that is what was ordered for a few days. Today will be my last day of doing nothing. If you know of some powerful magic... clue me in. Kind Regards, e
  • Marsh - If you're still on meds, that's probably why they want you to wait. How much longer do the meds last? (Medications can mess you up in the water.)
  • Marsh - If you're still on meds, that's probably why they want you to wait. How much longer do the meds last? (Medications can mess you up in the water.) I am still on meds. I have seen 4 doctors (ER doc - diagnosed with sprained neck, back) , My GP doc gave me script for physical therapy which I am going through now, and an Neurologist, and a walk in clinic doc that changed my meds (I was getting sick from all the hydrocodon (yuck that is bad stuff). After almost 4 weeks, I am going to pool to walk, with some light kicking for 20 min max. No weight room. More therapy to continue.
  • Let ur body do the talking. I had shoulder surgery 14 months ago and even now I have to hold back to avoid setbacks
  • Oh NO ! I'm glad that you were not badly injured! Think of your down time as a taper . After my 5th hip operation, I was told no weight bearing for FOUR MONTHS. That was some serious mental challenge for me to accomplish! When you do start back exercising, work your way into it easy. And as above listen to your body. See you soon at swim practice in Oct.