Carpal tunnel? How to swim wiht it?

Arg, this Summer has been a disaster. Always something, and nohting expected. Miss 2 weeks, try to get back in and am lucky to get 3 or 4 days in a week and the next unexpected thing comes. Anyway, so I wasn't able to do anything this past week, and was going to try to do something this week. Body has other plans. Have developed carpal tunnel from a home project (rennovating/changing a deck). So I tried to swim this morning, and it aggravated it. Want to try again tomorrow. At this point, I just bought some tape - unfortunately it is the kinesio stuff as that is what was water proof. But it likely won't stabilize my wrist. Anyone else deal with tihs? If so, how did you successfully manage it and still swim? Wearing a splint most of the day, and a different one at night. But dont have a better plan for swimming right now.
Parents
  • I had surgery on both wrists and elbows about 8 years ago, and I waited too long (3-1/2 years). Now I have residual pain, no more numbness, but there is pain, in my left elbow, where it all started. I used to wear elastic sleeves, and cocked wrist splints while I swam. Hand paddles kind of helped, but I had to shake my hands out a lot while swimming. The biggest trick is to wear your brace(s) while you sleep, and then you probably won’t notice it as much in the water. Don’t delay the surgery, and then when you recover, avoid aggravating your wrists again.
  • I had surgery on both wrists and elbows about 8 years ago, and I waited too long (3-1/2 years). Now I have residual pain, no more numbness, but there is pain, in my left elbow, where it all started. I used to wear elastic sleeves, and cocked wrist splints while I swam. Hand paddles kind of helped, but I had to shake my hands out a lot while swimming. The biggest trick is to wear your brace(s) while you sleep, and then you probably won’t notice it as much in the water. Don’t delay the surgery, and then when you recover, avoid aggravating your wrists again.
Children
No Data