2018 Spring Nationals SCY vs SCM

There is a question of whether to have 2018 Nats in Indy SCY or SCM. What do you think?
  • In another thread I said I don't really care, but the more I think about it the more I like having the meet in meters. It's really high time we have a USMS Nationals contested in SCM!
  • There is a question of whether to have 2018 Nats in Indy SCY or SCM. What do you think? It's going to be a great meet either way! The IU Natatorium has recently been renovated, the water, air, and entire pool area is better than ever!!
  • It's going to be a great meet either way! The IU Natatorium has recently been renovated, the water, air, and entire pool area is better than ever!! Have they made the deck less slippery? That's something that always bugged me about that pool.
  • I forgot about adding ages for the relays. That in itself would be a good thing.
  • there are 2 sides to this coin. 1) scy because its typically the big scy meet of the year - time to break scy records 2) scm because its a chance for other records now for that edge it could always land on ;) well over 99% of the pools in the usa can be 25scy. which means we all get to train it. scm pools are rare. very rare. usually poor in design (ie either a tiny gutter or that completely idiotic euro flat wall) and not made for fast swimming. and coupled with a facility that is poor too. the lcm facilities that can do scm may not be able to do 2 scm courses (because of bulkhead size) and a big meet like usms nats needs 2 pool courses. in the usa scm is a novelty. if you want a true world ranking do it the real way -> LCM (the only way they swim the Olympics)!!!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    SCM nationals would be an excellent idea - it would benefit swimmers can compete (with times) across the globe via FINA rankings. The relays would be based on additive age vice youngest swimmer. Also, preparing for a SCM meet could be balanced by more swimmers who only have local access to a SCY or LCM facility. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • As long as they are not in my age group !!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    As a European, I've always fancied the novelty of swimming yards without having made it over. I would love to do a 200 yards breastroke without the hard part! (LCM the whole thing is hard!). On the other side of the coin I'd also welcome more realistic FINA rankings - with more Americans (though there aren't none in the SCM rankings). Yeah, LCM is more 'pure' but given the realities of being a masters swimmer with an actual life to live, I think SCM is a good middle ground that makes for a more competitive environment ('easier' for more people).
  • Our team is divided on which way to go? The triathletes are for yards and the pool swimmers would like meters.