2018 Spring Nationals SCY vs SCM

There is a question of whether to have 2018 Nats in Indy SCY or SCM. What do you think?
Parents
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    As a European, I've always fancied the novelty of swimming yards without having made it over. I would love to do a 200 yards breastroke without the hard part! (LCM the whole thing is hard!). On the other side of the coin I'd also welcome more realistic FINA rankings - with more Americans (though there aren't none in the SCM rankings). Yeah, LCM is more 'pure' but given the realities of being a masters swimmer with an actual life to live, I think SCM is a good middle ground that makes for a more competitive environment ('easier' for more people).
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    As a European, I've always fancied the novelty of swimming yards without having made it over. I would love to do a 200 yards breastroke without the hard part! (LCM the whole thing is hard!). On the other side of the coin I'd also welcome more realistic FINA rankings - with more Americans (though there aren't none in the SCM rankings). Yeah, LCM is more 'pure' but given the realities of being a masters swimmer with an actual life to live, I think SCM is a good middle ground that makes for a more competitive environment ('easier' for more people).
Children
No Data