2018 Spring Nationals SCY vs SCM

There is a question of whether to have 2018 Nats in Indy SCY or SCM. What do you think?
Parents
  • I know this will sound a lot like, "if I don't get my way, I'm going to take my ball and go home," but it it not meant to be. I have never swum a short course meters meet in my life and have no interest in making Nationals my first one. I would have no frame of reference for any times, no knowledge or feel for the extra distance and no way to prepare for any of this. One of my primary rules for major competitions is "Never try anything for the first time." Competing at a distance I have literally never swum seems just silly to me. So, if the committee decides the format will be scm, I guess I will have a relaxing year and train for 2019
  • I know this will sound a lot like, "if I don't get my way, I'm going to take my ball and go home," but it it not meant to be. I have never swum a short course meters meet in my life and have no interest in making Nationals my first one. I would have no frame of reference for any times, no knowledge or feel for the extra distance and no way to prepare for any of this. One of my primary rules for major competitions is "Never try anything for the first time." Competing at a distance I have literally never swum seems just silly to me. So, if the committee decides the format will be scm, I guess I will have a relaxing year and train for 2019
Children
No Data