2017 short course nationals in Riverside, California

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys, enjoying reading the forum here today. I've recently came out of swimming retirement and started training again in the pool. More so just to get back in and stay in shape doing something I enjoy. I'd like to set a goal to qualify for riverside but I cant find the qualifying times needed. I swam for a few months (3) back in 2015 and qualified in a few swims but from what I've read the qualifying standard changes yearly. Also, as the meet gets closer will they post more info, accommodations, etc., Lastly, what can I expect at a nationals meet? Is it laid back and social or super competitive? Definitely looking at the trip as a mini get away and enjoying myself with the wife. Thanks in advance, looking to get most info I can. Nathan Stuart 32 Jacksonville Beach, FL
Parents
  • Not yet but don't worry they will not "close out" an event. If there are too many , your 6th event will be the one you choose to be dropped. I have not seen this happen in recent years. Dropping the sixth event happens much more frequently at Summer Nationals. The sixth event has not been dropped at Spring Nationals since 1994. Past results do not necessarily reflect future trends, of course! Jeff
  • Not yet but don't worry they will not "close out" an event. If there are too many , your 6th event will be the one you choose to be dropped. I have not seen this happen in recent years. Dropping the sixth event happens much more frequently at Summer Nationals. The sixth event has not been dropped at Spring Nationals since 1994. Past results do not necessarily reflect future trends, of course! Jeff
Children
No Data