2017 short course nationals in Riverside, California

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys, enjoying reading the forum here today. I've recently came out of swimming retirement and started training again in the pool. More so just to get back in and stay in shape doing something I enjoy. I'd like to set a goal to qualify for riverside but I cant find the qualifying times needed. I swam for a few months (3) back in 2015 and qualified in a few swims but from what I've read the qualifying standard changes yearly. Also, as the meet gets closer will they post more info, accommodations, etc., Lastly, what can I expect at a nationals meet? Is it laid back and social or super competitive? Definitely looking at the trip as a mini get away and enjoying myself with the wife. Thanks in advance, looking to get most info I can. Nathan Stuart 32 Jacksonville Beach, FL
  • Hey guys, enjoying reading the forum here today. I've recently came out of swimming retirement and started training again in the pool. More so just to get back in and stay in shape doing something I enjoy. I'd like to set a goal to qualify for riverside but I cant find the qualifying times needed. I swam for a few months (3) back in 2015 and qualified in a few swims but from what I've read the qualifying standard changes yearly. Also, as the meet gets closer will they post more info, accommodations, etc., Lastly, what can I expect at a nationals meet? Is it laid back and social or super competitive? Definitely looking at the trip as a mini get away and enjoying myself with the wife. Thanks in advance, looking to get most info I can. Nathan Stuart 32 Jacksonville Beach, FL NQTs for Riverside are expected to be posted on the USMS website by October 15 (by Jan 15 for Minn). Also by October 15 should be a basic meet information page that will include Order of Events and facility links (Jan 15 for Minn). The full meet information page should be available by January 1 (May 1 for Minn). Online entries should be available by February 15 (May 15 for Minn). Generally speaking you will find a little bit of everything at Masters Nationals. Anybody may swim up to three individual events without meeting qualifying times (some distance events may be exceptions), so the meet is open to all (registered masters swimmers). Others may chime in to their own personal experiences. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    NQTs for Riverside are expected to be posted on the USMS website by October 15 (by Jan 15 for Minn). Also by October 15 should be a basic meet information page that will include Order of Events and facility links (Jan 15 for Minn). The full meet information page should be available by January 1 (May 1 for Minn). Online entries should be available by February 15 (May 15 for Minn). Generally speaking you will find a little bit of everything at Masters Nationals. Anybody may swim up to three individual events without meeting qualifying times (some distance events may be exceptions), so the meet is open to all (registered masters swimmers). Others may chime in to their own personal experiences. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee thanks for info
  • DRATT !! Now you will make me really think of going to Nats. this year again.
  • OK I looked at Q times for my 70 --- 74 age group and the times are all faster than last year. BUT in the 65 -- 69 age group some times are actually slower than last year!!!
  • OOHH OOOOO Now I did it by getting plane tickets for Nats. No backing out now! Work harder - lose weight - practice faster -less carbs and beer- more yards of quality AND my coach is happier!
  • OK Michael -- let's both get in better shape and meet at riverside . What age group are you in? I'm 71 years not so young.
  • I'm 56. If I can pick up my intensity while managing my hip and back ailments I'll be there and I'd love to meet you.
  • Good for you ! I need to do the same myself.
  • I have had 5 hip surgeries stemming from the 1st "recalled" hip parts. I seem to work myself back after each one BUT, it's getting more difficult each time. I sign up to put myself in a position to work harder to get there. It is fun even if you never win a medal!!
  • I have had 5 hip surgeries stemming from the 1st "recalled" hip parts. I seem to work myself back after each one BUT, it's getting more difficult each time. I sign up to put myself in a position to work harder to get there. It is fun even if you never win a medal!! Ouch! I give you a lot of credit!