Best swim at Mt Hood

Noriko Inada drops over 6 secs from seed time to break world record in 50 back...wait... it's her record she broke?!
  • Noriko Inada drops over 6 secs from seed time to break world record in 50 back...wait... it's her record she broke?! Ridiculous. I don't understand why people do this.
  • Ridiculous. I don't understand why people do this. It looks like she sandbagged all her other times too ... Kurt is no doubt peeved because his one time sandbag time was adjusted, causing him to miss his flight.
  • Submission for the day: Nick Blank 11:20 entry time for 800 free. 9:02 result for overall win. Courageous performance.
  • You two need to get over it. 1) Just one of me 2) Thanks for the worthy submission (I thought I was playing by/with myself)...and she dropped 8 seconds for that world record! 3) This thread is to celebrate achievement, more specifically great improvement, so please take your hateful vitriol (?cry baby?) to another thread.
  • How do people feel about teams that cherry pick members from all over the U.S. or even other countries? There were definitely a couple like this at Nationals. It just seems a bit untoward to me.
  • And seriously, grow up, stop being obtuse, and drop the histrionics. Histrionic? I'm so subdued, coworkers check me for a pulse. Grow up? More complicated. If you are confused by my freshly shorn ambiguous genitalia spotted in the locker room, I can assure you I am Tanner stage V and fully grown. Since we are all sporting speedos well past our prime, perhaps we all have "issues" and need to grow up. Since it would appear that there is no absolute truth in relation to the practice of sandbagging, perhaps two people can have differing opinions and one of those people not be foolish and immature. We are all on separate paths at different paces towards perfection. Please have patience with the rest of us while we catch up. Peace.
  • Ridiculous. I don't understand why people do this. Submission for the day: Nick Blank 11:20 entry time for 800 free. 9:02 result for overall win. Courageous performance. And the winner is...Phoenix swim club relays:. Women's 200 free. Seed 3:15. Finishes 2:10. Mixed 200 Free. Seed 2:40 (15th). Finishes1:43 (1st). Mixed medley. Seed 2:30 (11th). Finishes 1:53 (1st). That's about two minutes 37 second improvement over 600 yards of racing. Bravo! Until next year....stay classy. You're bashing sandbaggers like you do every year and you're not fooling anyone. Let it go and let people seed themselves how they do it. If the meet director allows it, it's allowed. If you have a problem, take it up with them in person or in private instead of starting a thread to publicly bash them. And seriously, grow up, stop being obtuse, and drop the histrionics.
  • And the winner is...Phoenix swim club relays:. Women's 200 free. Seed 3:15. Finishes 2:10. Mixed 200 Free. Seed 2:40 (15th). Finishes1:43 (1st). Mixed medley. Seed 2:30 (11th). Finishes 1:53 (1st). That's about two minutes 37 second improvement over 600 yards of racing. Bravo! Until next year....stay classy.
  • You two need to get over it. You sound like a bunch of crybabies. However, I do agree that Noriko should be in the running for the best swim at the meet. Check out this 100 back split: 1 Inada, Noriko 38 Phoenix SC 1:10.00 1:02.24W 30.89 1:02.24 (31.35)
  • It may be allowed, but it's still puzzling why some people do it so consistently. It's understandable in some cases: you've got another event right after so you want to be in an earlier heat, you haven't been swimming much and know you'll be slower, etc. In the big picture I don't think it's a huge deal, but I just don't really get the mentality of people that ALWAYS sandbag.