Towels!

My teammates and I have wondered why towels are not sold as souvenirs at Nationals. We'd much rather have a towel than a t-shirt or sweatshirt or whatever. I've asked the vendors at every Nationals since Santa Clara in 2014 and nobody has a good answer. Seems somebody could make some money selling towels since we use them everyday at the pool and would love to have one printed with USMS Masters National Championships!
  • Me too...along with several team members! Thank you Sandi...hope it happens! (And is so successful that they become available at every Masters National Championship meet...) I hope so! I plan on going to Minnesota for long course Nationals, and I would love to buy a towel to bring home! :agree: The nice thing about towels from a marketing standpoint is they are one size fits all. There is no need for the sponsoring team to worry about sizes or shirt styles, and towels would have a wider appeal.
  • I will be in line for one when that happens. Me too...along with several team members! Thank you Sandi...hope it happens! (And is so successful that they become available at every Masters National Championship meet...)
  • Good News! We will be offering embroidered towels for pre-order and silk screened towels onsite at this year's Summer Nationals. Once I have a mock up, I will post pictures of what they will look like. I don't have a price as of yet. Tim Waud Co-Meet Director/Souvenirs
  • Good News! We will be offering embroidered towels for pre-order and silk screened towels onsite at this year's Summer Nationals. Once I have a mock up, I will post pictures of what they will look like. I don't have a price as of yet. Tim Waud Co-Meet Director/Souvenirs Hey, Tim! :wave: We met in Montreal at World's. I won't be at Nationals in Oregon, but I think it's great you will have towels for everybody. Hopefully, Minnesota will do the same in 2017, because I plan on being there and would love to purchase a towel! :agree: 10551
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    These microfiber towels from Agon are great. They are absorbent yet lightweight, dry very quickly, and can be custom-printed like the towels shown in the photos. They're great for travel meets. I always bring one in my airline carry-on because they also make nice blankets during the flight.
  • Good News! We will be offering embroidered towels for pre-order and silk screened towels onsite at this year's Summer Nationals. Once I have a mock up, I will post pictures of what they will look like. I don't have a price as of yet. Tim Waud Co-Meet Director/Souvenirs That is great news...can't wait to see the mock ups! Hope they become a big seller! As to the Agon towel suggestion...I have one and they're good for travel and for drying off a tech suit at a meet but not for everyday at the pool. Really looking forward to buying a National Championships 2016 towel!
  • Right, I'd go for a towel too. Though I have never done a swim meet yet, I have run hundreds of track, road and trail races. I have stacks of tee-shirts and my wife says she will burn any others I bring home (although I got away with buying a new USMS tee because it was not a running shirt). Some race directors do get creative since I have also gotten hats, gloves, sun glasses, water bottles, cinch sacks, neckerchief, and two towels. Those are the towels I bring to the pool every day.
  • Towels were sold out by Sunday morning...maybe earlier, that's just when I checked to see how they were selling. Hopefully they will be sold at every National Championships from now on. Would love to see more colorful ones next time. These were gunmetal gray with a very small embroidered patch near one end. But it's a start! Thank You.