How many people swim at Nationals that DON'T qualify?

I'm curious as to how many people actually swim the three allowed events at Nationals if they don't qualify? I can easily get to the Greensboro facility and am considering swimming, but am worried about being one of a handful of 'slow' swimmers! I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I gotta know! Thanks! Amanda
Parents
  • I'm curious as to how many people actually swim the three allowed events at Nationals if they don't qualify? I can easily get to the Greensboro facility and am considering swimming, but am worried about being one of a handful of 'slow' swimmers! I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I gotta know! Thanks! Amanda Amanda, I don't know how many people swim at the Masters championships without any qualifying times but whatever that number is, I'm one of them. What makes Masters swimmers such an awesome group of swimmers is that they all swim for different reasons. If your reason for wanting to swim in Greensboro is because you simply want to have a fantastic and fun experience, then you're in good company. Many of us Masters swimmers just want to swim, whether we swim at turtle speed or not. You most definitely are worrying about nothing if the only thing that's holding you back from going is the fear of being one of the slow swimmers. The fact that you WANT to swim at Greensboro is the only good reason you need to fit right in. Go for it!
  • I'm curious as to how many people actually swim the three allowed events at Nationals if they don't qualify? I can easily get to the Greensboro facility and am considering swimming, but am worried about being one of a handful of 'slow' swimmers! I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I gotta know! Thanks! Amanda Amanda, I don't know how many people swim at the Masters championships without any qualifying times but whatever that number is, I'm one of them. What makes Masters swimmers such an awesome group of swimmers is that they all swim for different reasons. If your reason for wanting to swim in Greensboro is because you simply want to have a fantastic and fun experience, then you're in good company. Many of us Masters swimmers just want to swim, whether we swim at turtle speed or not. You most definitely are worrying about nothing if the only thing that's holding you back from going is the fear of being one of the slow swimmers. The fact that you WANT to swim at Greensboro is the only good reason you need to fit right in. Go for it!
Children
No Data