How many people swim at Nationals that DON'T qualify?

I'm curious as to how many people actually swim the three allowed events at Nationals if they don't qualify? I can easily get to the Greensboro facility and am considering swimming, but am worried about being one of a handful of 'slow' swimmers! I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I gotta know! Thanks! Amanda
Parents
  • +1 to what Waves and Fly Trap said! I AM one of those "slow" swimmers who won't be making NQT's this year. Although I have made them in the past, I had hip surgery in December, 2014, and I had a setback last August (popped scar tissue). I had to start all over again with my healing, recovery, and training; but, why should that force me to sit out Nationals? It is a GREAT experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed Nationals at Greensboro, in 2012. There is no way I would miss it by choice! The three events I chose for Nationals aren't even my best events, but they are the three I can most safely (for my hip) train the most yards in. I am SURE I will be coming in at the bottom of the heat in all three (1650, 500, 200 fly), but so what? I am so OVER feeling embarrassed about it! :wiggle: Amanda, I hope you go, and I hope we get to meet up there! Look for me in the 50-54 age group. My last name is Krugman.
  • +1 to what Waves and Fly Trap said! I AM one of those "slow" swimmers who won't be making NQT's this year. Although I have made them in the past, I had hip surgery in December, 2014, and I had a setback last August (popped scar tissue). I had to start all over again with my healing, recovery, and training; but, why should that force me to sit out Nationals? It is a GREAT experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed Nationals at Greensboro, in 2012. There is no way I would miss it by choice! The three events I chose for Nationals aren't even my best events, but they are the three I can most safely (for my hip) train the most yards in. I am SURE I will be coming in at the bottom of the heat in all three (1650, 500, 200 fly), but so what? I am so OVER feeling embarrassed about it! :wiggle: Amanda, I hope you go, and I hope we get to meet up there! Look for me in the 50-54 age group. My last name is Krugman.
Children
No Data