How many people swim at Nationals that DON'T qualify?

I'm curious as to how many people actually swim the three allowed events at Nationals if they don't qualify? I can easily get to the Greensboro facility and am considering swimming, but am worried about being one of a handful of 'slow' swimmers! I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I gotta know! Thanks! Amanda
Parents
  • I do not know the actual numbers but would definitely concur that you're worrying about nothing. Go to the meet and swim! It's a blast and you'll be so happy you did. I've been to several Nationals and never have I even looked to see who qualifies and who doesn't. Nor, have I heard of anyone else making any statements re: non-qualifiers. USMS is an inclusive group so go to the meet, swim and have fun. I guarantee you'll meet new people and will reflect with the idea of what was I worried about.
  • I do not know the actual numbers but would definitely concur that you're worrying about nothing. Go to the meet and swim! It's a blast and you'll be so happy you did. I've been to several Nationals and never have I even looked to see who qualifies and who doesn't. Nor, have I heard of anyone else making any statements re: non-qualifiers. USMS is an inclusive group so go to the meet, swim and have fun. I guarantee you'll meet new people and will reflect with the idea of what was I worried about.
Children
No Data