2015 Long Course Nationals - Spire Institute

I've been watching and waiting for information regarding Long Course Nationals - particularly hotel information. I finally found a link on the Spire site to USMS hotels. As I began the process, I found this curious statement: This is a "Stay to Play" tournament. All teams are required to reserve a hotel room block through Traveling Teams in order to participate in the tournament. Does this mean that individuals are prohibited from booking their own rooms? Due to the lack of information, many of us have already booked rooms that meet our personal needs. Can someone clarify?
Parents
  • I totally agree. If I encounter slow to fast 200 seeding in nationals again, I'm going to stop entering 200s. While this doesn't really apply to me because I'm so old that I'll be in the first heat anyway, I can definitely support the notion that the 200's need to be seeded by age group first, to avoid empty lanes. Everyone deserves the lane they should swim in! Also in the name of the best competition, we should all be racing against our real competition. At an advanced age, I have no interest in swimming with slow 30-somethings. It is meaningless to me!
  • I totally agree. If I encounter slow to fast 200 seeding in nationals again, I'm going to stop entering 200s. While this doesn't really apply to me because I'm so old that I'll be in the first heat anyway, I can definitely support the notion that the 200's need to be seeded by age group first, to avoid empty lanes. Everyone deserves the lane they should swim in! Also in the name of the best competition, we should all be racing against our real competition. At an advanced age, I have no interest in swimming with slow 30-somethings. It is meaningless to me!
Children
No Data