2015 Long Course Nationals - Spire Institute

I've been watching and waiting for information regarding Long Course Nationals - particularly hotel information. I finally found a link on the Spire site to USMS hotels. As I began the process, I found this curious statement: This is a "Stay to Play" tournament. All teams are required to reserve a hotel room block through Traveling Teams in order to participate in the tournament. Does this mean that individuals are prohibited from booking their own rooms? Due to the lack of information, many of us have already booked rooms that meet our personal needs. Can someone clarify?
Parents
  • That's exactly what I was going to say to Susan. I have been in other venues that stated didn't allow outside food and drink (If I remember correctly, Montreal during the World Championships was one of them), and I just kept my personal food stash hidden. Just be discreet when you need to eat, and bring an empty water bottle in your swim bag. You could always fill it up at a drinking fountain and mix in some Hammer powder (or whatever you use). The same rule about "no outside food allowed" was stated for Spring Nats in San Antonio this year. A member from our team emailed the race director to clarify and they said exactly what swoomer said about not bringing in large coolers but keeping your own nutrition in your bag and not making a big production when you eat it.
  • That's exactly what I was going to say to Susan. I have been in other venues that stated didn't allow outside food and drink (If I remember correctly, Montreal during the World Championships was one of them), and I just kept my personal food stash hidden. Just be discreet when you need to eat, and bring an empty water bottle in your swim bag. You could always fill it up at a drinking fountain and mix in some Hammer powder (or whatever you use). The same rule about "no outside food allowed" was stated for Spring Nats in San Antonio this year. A member from our team emailed the race director to clarify and they said exactly what swoomer said about not bringing in large coolers but keeping your own nutrition in your bag and not making a big production when you eat it.
Children
No Data