2015 Long Course Nationals - Spire Institute

I've been watching and waiting for information regarding Long Course Nationals - particularly hotel information. I finally found a link on the Spire site to USMS hotels. As I began the process, I found this curious statement: This is a "Stay to Play" tournament. All teams are required to reserve a hotel room block through Traveling Teams in order to participate in the tournament. Does this mean that individuals are prohibited from booking their own rooms? Due to the lack of information, many of us have already booked rooms that meet our personal needs. Can someone clarify?
Parents
  • Psych sheets are now posted: www.usms.org/.../ Meet Roster: www.usms.org/.../meetentrants.php Team Roster: www.usms.org/.../teamroster.php Swimmer Lookup: www.usms.org/.../lookup.php Because of the 10-lane course, we will NOT drop the sixth event. All events 200 meters and up will be deck seeded, and all 50s and 100s will be preseeded. All seeding decisions will be announced soon. Heat sheets for preseeded events, as well as the estimated timeline, are expected to be posted on or about July 24. Empty lanes can dampen competitive conditions and we'd like to avoid that when possible. Although we cannot offer any refunds, if you are absolutely certain you will not be swimming certain events (particularly the preseeded 50s and 100s), please let us know and you'll be removed from those events to cut down on empty lanes and provide for more competitive heats. If your travel plans prohibit you from swimming certain events please be considerate and let us know before we seed the meet. Please note that once we take you out of an event, we cannot put you back in. Scratches will be accepted through July 17. Please email scratches or entry errors to championship@usms.org. Thanks, Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee I am assuming the 200s will be seeded by age group, right?
  • Psych sheets are now posted: www.usms.org/.../ Meet Roster: www.usms.org/.../meetentrants.php Team Roster: www.usms.org/.../teamroster.php Swimmer Lookup: www.usms.org/.../lookup.php Because of the 10-lane course, we will NOT drop the sixth event. All events 200 meters and up will be deck seeded, and all 50s and 100s will be preseeded. All seeding decisions will be announced soon. Heat sheets for preseeded events, as well as the estimated timeline, are expected to be posted on or about July 24. Empty lanes can dampen competitive conditions and we'd like to avoid that when possible. Although we cannot offer any refunds, if you are absolutely certain you will not be swimming certain events (particularly the preseeded 50s and 100s), please let us know and you'll be removed from those events to cut down on empty lanes and provide for more competitive heats. If your travel plans prohibit you from swimming certain events please be considerate and let us know before we seed the meet. Please note that once we take you out of an event, we cannot put you back in. Scratches will be accepted through July 17. Please email scratches or entry errors to championship@usms.org. Thanks, Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee I am assuming the 200s will be seeded by age group, right?
Children
No Data