Spring Nationals Swim Center Facility

The Swim Center is a beautiful brand new multi-pool swimming complex, with a Myrtha designed pool used during the main competition. There will be warm-up lanes offered both indoors and outdoors, with numerous lanes set aside for 65+ and sprints throughout the day. The current meet format will have Nationals running 2 x 10 lane SCY courses in the 50 meter pool, providing solid walls for both ends of the pool. Adjustable starting wedges are on the diving blocks/platforms, but backstroke ledges will not be in use. The sides of the pool have a zero edge for the water to roll over.
  • Thanx for the info. The pool sounds faster than I will be.
  • We had a Time Trial last weekend to ensure that we are prepared for Masters swimmers. It was a great success, with a few lessons learned along the way. We need to make the signage is BIGGER. We need to make Information posted BIGGER. We need to attach "cheater glasses with results" - to make them BIGGER. Swimmers loved-loved the pool! The facility is large enough to get lost in, so we will have extra volunteers to help you find your way. The deck around the pool will be clear of bags to allow easy access to the blocks. Everyone needs to keep their towels, sweats, bags, etc. at the ends of the pool or in their team areas. Safety Marshalls will be clearing the side decks of any misc. gear.
  • BIGGER ... great idea susan ... i just hate to try to read results and then find i've forgotten my reading glasses back in the swim bag
  • More information concerning the deck area and space. The facility has a large amount of skirting around the pool, but we also have a lot of athletes. We ask that you do not leave personal items near the competition pool in order that we may have clear walkways for everyone's safety. Baskets will be provided for towels/sweats for competitors during their race. Clubs may rent pop up tents to provide your team with shade, but no personal tents may be brought in. There are large shade covers in the competition grand stands, as well as an indoor pool to hang out in. The buildings also provide shade as the sun moves through the day. There are several stairwells to allow easy access from every corner of the main pool to the Grand Stands. We also have an elevator at the main entrance for those needing a lift, espcially after the 200 Breaststroke.
  • We also have an elevator at the main entrance for those needing a lift, espcially after the 200 Breaststroke. As a breaststroker,stairs are not my friend,elevators are!
  • LOL I have often said "I'll give you a dollar more if you print the heats/results in larger type, not 10 pt like a letter" Also , place them a bit further apart so 20 swimmers don't jam in to read 5 pages in a 3 foot space. We are Masters swimmers. Most of us are over 20 something! Thanx for thinking of our safety . Falls in the elderly are dangerous.