2015 Spring Nationals

When will complete information for the 2015 Spring Nationals be available? The nationals page indicated availability around January 1.
  • Ideas on car rentals? Best prices from Chicago by jet? Southwest Airlines out of Midway will get you into San Antonio, and I'm guessing the prices will be lower than the competition. Try http://www.carrentals.com to compare prices, and then make sure to check the car rental company's site for prices as well. Usually, you will get the best price booking directly with the company. Whatever you do, AVOID RUSH HOUR for your arrival time. The traffic in San Antonio can be horrendous!
  • Elaine, I do believe that it is in Westover Hills. Someone on our team was able to get a really good rate at a hotel that isn't on the meet list of hotels, but it's 11 miles from the pool. You mentioned that traffic can be really bad, and I am worried that 11 miles make take a lot longer than it looks on paper. It's Towneplace Suites San Antonio Northwest. Thoughts? That's a valid worry. Try running it through Google Maps (from the hotel address to the pool address) during the times you will be making that commute. Remember, they are on Central Time. Google Maps will tell you how long the drive is during current traffic conditions. Personally, I would try to get as close to the pool as possible.
  • I swim at the Host pool in San Antonio. Fiesta does make hotels scarce here, but most Fiesta events are held downtown and the pool is not downtown. There are more people in San Antonio during Fiesta, and some hotels near the pool may be affected by this, but other than normal rush hour traffic, the traffic by the pool should not be any worse than normal due to Fiesta.
  • Who knew that hotels would book up 3 months before the meet??
  • Elaine, I do believe that it is in Westover Hills. Someone on our team was able to get a really good rate at a hotel that isn't on the meet list of hotels, but it's 11 miles from the pool. You mentioned that traffic can be really bad, and I am worried that 11 miles make take a lot longer than it looks on paper. It's Towneplace Suites San Antonio Northwest. Thoughts?
  • Thank you for your note about hotel rooms. In following up, we were able to confirm....Comfort Inn 6 Flags: still has rooms available for April 24th-26th only. This will work for swimmers who will be arriving on Friday. Wyndham Garden Inn: hotel is completely sold out. Fairfield Inn: King bed rooms still available and if anyone did not get the USMS rate previously because the block had filled, they may call the hotel, and they will honor the USMS block rate. Drury Inn: hotel is considering expanding the block, but we have no confirmation at this time.
  • off the hotel issue ... does anyone know if the backstroke ledge starting device will be available for the meet and are the end walls of the pool guttered or flush (as in an Omega touch pad) ... thanks
  • How about we start a new thread, so unique comments and concerns don't get buried on page 5?
  • Thank you for the hotel information and for checking on opening more blocks. I'm usually an early planner; I guess that I waited too long to commit to the meet this year. Now to book a rental car...
  • Ireally need to make up my mind if i am doing Nats this year!!! Next year I age up to 70 & I can q times into 6 events. This year as the oldest in my age group - I q time into only two. Thoughts ??? A beautiful city, a great facility, the best Tex-Mex food in the world... what's the question. ...AND I forgot to mention Margaritas at La Fogata